31 Dec How Movers Assist With Safely Transporting Fragile and Antique Items
Without a doubt, one of the most nerve-wracking points of any move is when it comes time to move fragile, antique, or otherwise precious items. These items have to be handled with care, and that’s why it’s often best to allow professionals to deal with these prized possessions.
How can movers assist with this process? It depends. First, you have to make sure that your movers are trained. Moving isn’t just a matter of throwing things into boxes: it involves doing so in a way that is safe, efficient, and will best protect all of your items.
Trained movers fully understand the following:
- Moving requires professional packing supplies. This means solid, sturdy boxes, not the recycled kind that has been sitting in your basement for years. It also means appropriately wrapping all necessary items in high-quality packaging, which can handle a move. Furthermore, professional movers understand that individual pieces will need to be packaged with extra care, and in some cases, double or triple wrapped.
- Unique items, particularly fragile ones, must be wrapped and packaged individually. If multiple items can be put in a single box, it’s always safest to put the heaviest ones at the bottom. This helps protect everything in a box and makes sure that the weight within each box is evenly distributed.
- There’s an art to loading boxes, mainly if a package contains a delicate antique. Boxes should be cushioned and left with an inch of space at the top of each box. This helps prevent scratching and gives each box additional room for when it is loaded into a moving van or car.
- Even with trained professionals, mistakes happen. That’s why any professional moving company will have appropriate liability insurance. This protects you and your things in the event of an accident or loss – and that’s a comfort level you won’t have if you move on your own.
- Each box has to be labeled, and the new location of a home should be mapped out and diagrammed. This prevents unpacking chaos and ensures that you don’t have a ton of rearranging after you’ve got everything from the truck into the new place.
- Furthermore, professional movers check every item that goes in every box and makes sure to label boxes as “fragile” if necessary. This ensures that those boxes will get extra special care when being loaded and unpacked.
If you’ve asked yourself, “What are great moving companies near me?” or are looking for the best moving companies Pittsburgh has to offer, make sure to check out Diversity Moving. Diversity Moving has trained staff, which is experienced at moving your antiques, and all of this comes at a great price and with the highest quality service.